What is a Content Management System (CMS) ?
Content Management System is used for controlling and editing of website content. CMS allows easy management of website content includes: electronic files, images and video based media, audio files, electronic documents and web text. The main concept behind a CMS is to make these files available for editing over the Internet without the need of a web designer to assist.
Content Management System Features:
- Managing your content – Add, delete and edit your pages
- Import and create documents, videos and other imagery
- Some content management systems (CMS) allow for the formatting of certain text within the documents – fonts, colours, layout styles etc.
- Forms – Create forms to gather data from your customers on the fly.
- Communicate – Page comments, newsletters
- Access control – Control who have the access to different pages or modules
- Search Engine Optimization – Insert Meta data, proper page titles and url to increase your page ranking in any search engine!