A Business Development Officer is a professional responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities for our company’s growth and expansion. Their main job role includes:
- Lead Generation: Identifying potential clients, customers, or partners through market research, networking, and other means.
- Client Acquisition: Actively seeking new business opportunities and clients for the company’s products or services.
- Sales Strategy: Developing and implementing strategies to achieve sales and revenue targets, often through cold calling, email campaigns, and other outreach methods.
- Relationship Building: Cultivating and maintaining relationships with existing clients or customers to ensure repeat business and referrals.
- Market Research: Keeping up to date with industry trends, market conditions, and competitor activity to identify potential areas for growth.
- Proposal and Presentation: Preparing and delivering compelling proposals, presentations, and pitches to prospective clients or partners.
- Negotiation: Engaging in negotiations, including pricing, terms, and contracts, to secure new business or partnerships.
- Collaboration: Coordinating with other departments, such as marketing, product development, and finance, to ensure the company’s offerings align with market demands.
- Data Analysis: Monitoring and analyzing sales and business development data to assess the effectiveness of strategies and make data-driven decisions.
- Goal Achievement: Setting and achieving sales targets, revenue goals, and other key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Client Retention: Ensuring high levels of client satisfaction and retention through excellent customer service and ongoing relationship management.
- Reporting: Providing regular reports and updates to management on business development activities and results.
Salary: Rs 40,000 Take-home salary + Commissions
- Educational Background: A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sales, or a related field is often preferred or candidates with equivalent work experience.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the industry in which the company operates is valuable, as it helps in understanding market trends, competition, and client needs.
- Sales Skills: Strong sales skills, including prospecting, lead generation, negotiation, and closing deals, are essential.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial for effective client interactions, proposal writing, and presentation delivery.
- Networking Skills: The ability to build and maintain professional relationships, both with clients and within the industry, is important for generating new opportunities.
- Market Research: Competency in market research and analysis to identify potential clients and business opportunities.
- Technical Proficiency: Proficiency in using CRM software, sales and marketing tools, and other relevant technology to track leads, manage relationships, and analyze data.
- Analytical Skills: The ability to analyze data and market trends to make informed decisions and develop effective strategies.
- Negotiation Skills: Strong negotiation skills to close deals and secure partnerships on favorable terms.
- Goal-Oriented: Business Development Officers should be driven by targets and have a track record of achieving or exceeding sales and revenue goals.
- Teamwork: The ability to collaborate with various teams within the organization, such as marketing and product development, to align strategies and goals.
- Problem-Solving: The capacity to identify challenges or obstacles in the sales process and develop solutions to overcome them.
- Self-Motivation: A high level of self-motivation and the ability to work independently and take initiative in pursuing opportunities.
- Adaptability: The flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions and evolving business strategies.
- Experience: Prior experience in sales, business development, or a related role is often preferred.
Apply now: https://balanita.lk/careers/